Tuesday, February 24, 2009

IS THIS THING STILL ON????

I cannot believe I went a week without being on my blog. I am addicted to it and love writing...and somehow let over a week go by without signing in. We have had so much going on it seems. Between, Girl Scouts and Basketball tournaments, Ceremonies and Birthday sleepovers...little time was left for my computer time. ;O(

But, on another note it gives me plenty to talk about.

Ashley had her 1st Brownie Ceremony, which left me ironing patches on her vest all day. She did great and earned a ton of patches. I am not kidding...she earned probably 20 different patches. A funny note though...during the ceremony the troop leader was going over the history of girl scouts...and mentioned the name Brownies came from little elves that helped people in the woods. Seriously, with the candles they had burning in some V formation, I was already wondering if my daughter was part of a cult. Then, when they started talking about elves in woods and how it relates to my daughter, I was certain....these Girl Scout people are a little loopy.

Sarah finished up the basketball season in a 2 day tournament in Weston. They lost the first and second games...but finished out the season with a 20/11 WIN. Sarah was in tears as we left, she will miss basketball so much for the Summer. Soccer will soon have her attention, it starts in about 3 weeks. It does not seem possible that we will be playing Soccer in 3 weeks.

Ashley turns 7 this Saturday. We had a birthday sleepover this last weekend and it went great. She had 3 girls ride the bus home with her on Friday and we celebrated with balloons and Fancy Nancy decor. Pizza, pop and cake and ice cream to top it off.

Emma will start Soccer this year. She is enrolled for Smart Start Soccer with Gladstone. She is thrilled to be like her big sisters. I am sure I will be posting pictures as soon as I can.

Jeff and I are still trucking along. That does not sound to romantic...but we are just taking everyday as it comes. He is learning alot at school and seems to really be enjoying the program. He has built a laptop from the bottom up and replaced all kinds of parts in our computers...lol!! We have the fastest computers on the block...I can tell you that!! I am spending my days hanging out with alot of great kids. I am excited for the weather to get better so we can all get out of the house for some outdoor play. We need it.

Ok...I am running on empty...I will get some pictures to post maybe in the next couple days.

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember going to a Cub Scout meeting with me many moons ago? Do you remember "a round of applause"? You thought they Boy Scouts were loopy then too! Great to hear all is going well. Hugs and Kisses - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made my night. It does seem like forever ago doesnt it. I lol when I think of that time of our lives...you had a two kids the age of mine now. I remember saying I would NEVER drive a mini-van...and NEVER would there be a lost french fry in the seats, because my kids would not eat in the car...EVER. Oh boy how things have changed.

    ReplyDelete