Monday, May 3, 2010

JDRF Dream Gala 2010

This night was all about the kids and finding a cure for Juvenile Diabetes. Raising over 1 million dollars, for the cause, with a silent auction before dinner and a live auction during dinner. Many items, trips went for over $20,000.00...but my favorite was a cute little yellow lab puppy that brought $7000.00. With all the above said...I have to say...this was an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G date night for my hubby and I. I was able to get all fancy dressed up...Jeff wore a suit and we spent the night in each others arms. Drinking, talking, meeting new friends and dancing to end the night. I got to meet Jerad Allen and Herm Edwards and I got to sit right by Jerad at dinner....seriously. Aaron Vile is the General Manager for Van Chevrolet and his wife Amy and I hit it off something crazy...we are new B/F/F..lol. The guys would always say that everytime we laughed and talked. As I think back on this night...this weekend left me feeling totally in love with my husband. Our time alone is so far and few between that sometimes it is a wonderful reminder when a night leaves you feeling that way. We laughed, stayed close...talked..and the best..DANCED!! I love dancing with this man..he is so much fun!! I worried when I started this post, that it would end up sounding like this night was all about me, when that is so far from the truth. Way to go JDRF...way to go to all the people who donated and came out to raise money for such an important cause. Thank you Jeffrey...for loving me and making sure I know that I am the most important thing in your life..including me in every area and making our family your top priority.










No comments:

Post a Comment