Monday, May 25, 2009

Ok...SO I really am just a Birdwatcher WANNABE!!

I am actually a big fraud. lol. After giving Blaire all the trouble I did, I did not even know what I was talking about. The bird eating off my thistle sock feeder is an Indigo Bunting. I actually am more excited about having a Bunting eating off my feeder than a Missouri Blue Bird...but with all the grief I gave Blaire, I have been put in my place. I got what I deserved...once I realized that the bird was not a Missouri State Bird, I was trying to get a closer look...so I knelt down along the fence all the way up to my backyard and leaned up to take a picture and my battery was dead. I had my 300 zoom lens and was within 10 feet of this amazing bird and missed the shot....SERIOUSLY. So...this is NOT my picture posted below...but WOULD OF BEEN if my camera would not have flipping died!!! errrr....

So Blaire...the BLUE bird on the sock was NOT a Missouri Blue Bird...it is an Indigo BUNTING !!
This time I am for sure !! Remember, Gotta love me !!

You have to admit...it is amazing, truly a miracle that a bird this beautiful exsists and just flys around with the majority of the public never noticing it. Now, I am wanting to catch a glimpse of its Cousin....the Painted Bunting...Google that bird..what a miracle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment