Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Omaha Zoo

One last trip before Summer ends. Even though the odds were against us, we made it to the Zoo last Sunday in Omaha. If a trip was never meant to be...it was this one. We made our reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn in Old Downtown Omaha several weeks ago. We planned to leave Saturday night around 6:30 after Jeff got off work, but the sales world had another plan for us. He called about 8:00 and said "mis well just come on up to work and we will leave from here"....so we did just that. I thought I better call the Hotel to let them know of the late arrival. THEY were so glad I called because our room had flooded and they were sold out of rooms and had nothing to offer us. Long story short...they found a room at a different hotel(in the hood) and paid for our trip. We got to Omaha about 12:00 just in time to go to bed. I was up and getting ready bright and early and eventually everyone, except Emma, was up and moving. I thought it was strange she was sleeping through all the excitement...but just let it go to the long night. Jeff and the girls loaded up the car and went to breakfast and I decided I mis well wake the sleeping bear up and meet them. We were at breakfast for about 10 minutes...(I will spare you most the details)....when I ended up in the bathroom cleaning myself and Emma up and taking her only blankie to the laundry for cleaning. She was sick. Sooooo....we still decided to go to the Zoo...and it actually was a great choice. She was ready to go after she "relieved" herself and we had several good hours with her. About noon...right after lunch, she fell asleep and slept in the stroller until 4:00 when we left...so it really worked out good. Not sure I would get the "Mom of the Year Award" for dragging my sick child to the Zoo...but I sure know that Sarah and Ashley would nominate me....because they really enjoyed it.

For anyone that has not been to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha this year...you must go. The new Skyfari is AMAZING and a MUST !!! You get to ride across the Zoo in the Sky in a Ski lift type of thing...and see the Zoo from the air. It truly is very wonderful!! They also have a new Butterfly House that is also very amazing. Everyone knows of my love for Hummingbirds..and they had several flying around in the house and the butterflies were really just breathtaking. Oh and anyone that has been to this Zoo...knows, that the last picture of the monkey is so real...that monkey was ready to jump on our stroller...and actually has before, but didnt this time !!

Ok....I am heading to bed. I have several more postings ready...I just need to upload some pics for them. The pumpkins are crazy big and I will post those tomorrow...then OF COURSE..Sarah and Ashleys first day of school was Tuesday...so I have those pics too !!!










1 comment:

  1. Well, I had no idea you would answer me through the blog! The picture of the clan was great. Do you get any noise violations from the HOA, or the police? :)
    Yes the Omaha Zoo is great. We were just up there in July. Did you know the head of the KC zoo used to be at Omaha? So we should be on our way to a great zoo too! Omaha also has a great entertainment district you should check out --- Old Market. It is like our River Market area, only better. The kids might be bored, so I would suggest it for an adult trip. You know how I firmly believe in spouse only time! In fact we leave Sept. 24 for our annual anniversary trip. We are headed to San Diego to visit Chris' brother Don. It has been probably 10 years since we were there.

    Anyway, have a great day. I'll send you some of our pictures.

    Love ya, Michelle

    ReplyDelete